Establish whether you need an unofficial or an official copy of your transcript. Neither unofficial or official transcripts are able to be printed until all financial obligations to Boise State University have been met.
Unofficial transcripts are considered the academic advisor's copy and are available for a student's personal use. Students who have attended Boise State since Spring 2001 have access to unofficial transcripts via my.BoiseState. Pre-2001 students may obtain an unofficial copy in person only with a photo ID. We can print a copy while you wait at no charge. Unofficial copies cannot be mailed or faxed.
Official Copy General Information
Students with my.BoiseState access can order and pay for their official transcripts on-line through their my.BoiseState account. To do this the student will need to log into their my.BoiseState account, select Student Center, click on My Academics, and then select Request Official Transcript. This is the preferred method of ordering because it generally produces a next-day turn-around on orders.
Students without my.BoiseState access can electronically fill-out and print our interactive Transcript Order Form (in PDF format). The completed form can be mailed or faxed to us at the address or fax number listed on the form. It can also be scanned and emailed to us at email@example.com. All information and directions about transcript services (including prices) are listed on the form.
During normal processing times, it generally takes one to three business days to process a paper transcript order upon receipt.
You may pay by check, money order, or Visa, MasterCard and Discover (debit or credit) when ordering. All official transcripts must be paid for in advance. You may order by mail, fax or in-person.
Specific pricing and processing information is as follows:
- We must have your signature.
- There is a $10.00 charge for each official copy.
- Immediate while you wait or fax service is available for $25.00 per transcript.
- You must indicate whether we are sending the order via mail, fax, or if you intend to pick up the order.
- You must show your photo ID when picking up transcript orders.
- You must provide the address or fax number of where you would like to have the transcript mailed or faxed. (Please note: Transcripts are considered official whether they are mailed or faxed. While Boise State considers our faxed transcripts official, other institutions may not. It is up to the student to verify that the faxed transcripts will be considered official by the recipient.)
- If you require Rush Processing and Delivery (we use FedEx delivery, so we are unable to ship to P.O. Boxes), the fee is $35.00 per transcript.
- For an International Rush Delivery (also through FedEx), the fee is $50.00 per transcript.
- Rush Processing and Delivery orders need to be placed by 2:00 p.m. in order to ensure expedited delivery.