Students with myBoiseState access should order and pay for their official transcripts online through their myBoiseState account. To do this, the student will need to log in to their myBoiseState account, select Student Center, click on My Academics, and then select Request Official Transcript. This method of ordering generally produces a next-day turnaround on orders.
Students without myBoiseState access can go to the National Student Clearinghouse to place an order online. Credit and debit card are the only accepted form of payment.
- If you place an order for pick up, you must show your photo ID when picking up transcript orders in person.
- Transcript requests for students who have not attended since 2000 may take an additional 3 days to process.
- Normal Mail delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on location).
- If your transcripts are being sent to another educational institution via mail, it can take an additional 2 weeks to be processed by the receiving institution.
- Rush Processing and Delivery orders need to be placed by 2 p.m. to ensure expedited delivery
- Mail—$10 (note: mail can take up to two weeks for delivery)
- Hold for Pickup—$10 (transcripts ordered by 5 p.m. are available for pickup after 12 p.m. the next business day)
- Electronic delivery—$11
- Rush International—$50
- Rush U.S. (overnight next business day if ordered by 2 p.m.)—$35
- Immediate Pickup—$15
If you are seeking employment outside of the United States and you need your transcript notarized by Boise State and authenticated (apostilled) by the Idaho Secretary of State, contact us before placing your order. Email us at email@example.com or call (208) 426-4249.
- Unofficial transcripts are for academic advising and student personal use only. Students who have attended Boise State since Spring 2001 have access to unofficial transcripts via myBoiseState in the Student Center. Pre-2001 students may request access to a myBoiseState account (see below). Unofficial copies cannot be mailed, emailed, or faxed.
- Go to https://my.boisestate.edu, click the Log In button.
- Click Reset/Create Password.
- You will need your username or your Student ID number. If you have forgotten either, contact us (call 208-426-4249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can provide one or the other for you.
- To access your pre-2001 transcript, place a request with the Registrar’s Office (call 208-426-4249 or email email@example.com).
- Once your account has been created, we will contact you with instructions for logging in and accessing your unofficial transcript.